‘I’VE WORKED
WITH ALMOST
ALL
FEMALE
ACTORS’

Kareena Kapoor Khan is at a zen stage in her career and all she wants to focus on is doing quality work. In a chat with us, the actor talks about defying the age-old notion of female actors not getting along, her ‘other’ films and more
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 6, 2023)

‘EXCITED TO WORK WITH TABU’
“Lolo (sister, actor Karisma Kapoor) and Tabu have done some stellar films together. So, I am super excited because I have never worked with her,” says Khan, who will star with actors Tabu and Kriti Sanon in The Crew soon. “All of us working on the film are women, including our producers (Rhea Kapoor and Ektaa Kapoor). These two have always been cool enough to break the mould and do something different. It’s a big screen film and I am pretty sure the audience will love it,” she adds.

NO FRICTION
Dismissing the notion that female actors don’t get along, Khan says, “I have worked in many women-centric films and alongside many female actors. I think today, it’s about doing a good film, not about who or what’s in it. Everybody just wants to do a good film.”

‘JAB WE MET DOESN’T GET OLD’
“Of course, Jab We Met (2007) is ghar ki khichdi, you want to see it again and again. It doesn’t get old. That’s a rarity; every time you watch it, it’s like you are watching it for the first time. It’s just the character,” says Khan, referring to the vivacious Geet.

‘TALK ABOUT MY OTHER FILMS TOO!’
Every film Khan does is compared to her iconic performances in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) and Jab We Met (2007). “They are iconic, I understand. But, I feel like people should talk about [my other films like] Chameli (2003), Yuva (2004), Omkara (2006) and Heroine (2012), too. They are underrated in terms of my performance. Why don’t people talk about that? I am also doing The Devotion Of Suspect X; that’s a very different kind of spectrum for me,” she asserts.