Neelam Kothari, Husband Samir Soni Enjoy This Indian Feast On Maldives Vacation

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; October 10, 2024)

Her arguments on her web series with her husband Samir Soni has the audience realised that it’s quite an ‘opposite attracts’ jodi. While Neelam comes across as a social person, Samir is rather anti-social. And the actress tells us that it takes efforts to make him do things for the show.

Talking about how she convinces him every time he has to come on camera for their show Fabulous Lives Of Bollywood Wives, Neelam shares, “The first day we shot with him he walked in with his boxers and ganji. I objected and he said well, it's a reality show and this is how I am at home. I said at least wear pyjamas and a t-shirt. And he refused saying, ‘You guys want me on the show? You want to shoot with me? This is the way I am!’ Finally, somehow, I convinced him, and he at least wore track pants and a t-shirt. But then the next challenge was to make him sit up as she was lying down on the couch and wanted to talk like that on camera. He just wanted it to be real.”

At home, the other thing Neelam worries about Samir is that “he has no filter”! She elaborates saying, “Sometimes I get scared talking in front of him about anything thinking what if he spills the beans by mistake. If I'm gossiping with my friends, I make sure that he's not around because nothing stays in his stomach. He doesn't realize there's just no filter. Overall, he's just a clean soul so he doesn't realize it.”

The actress is now gearing up for the third season of her reality show – Fabulous Lives Vs Bollywood Wives. This time around there’s an addition to the cast with a bunch of new protagonists. And this change makes Neelam jealous!

In a fun way she reiterates saying, “My first reaction to the new season was, ‘Oh, we have to share screen space with other wives?; But anyway, as we started shooting it was a lot of fun. It definitely added to the track. We needed that little twist because the four (Neelam Kothari, Maheep Kapoor, Bhavna Pandey, Seema Khan) of us became very comfortable on the show so this has definitely helped.”