raj anadkat, taarak mehta ka ooltah chashmah

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; October 11, 2024)

Raj Anadkat, who quit Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in December 2022, is currently busy with his Gujarati show United State of Gujarat. The young actor says, “Post pandemic, things have looked up for Gujarati cinema and shows. Therefore, I felt it was the right time to try something different and since I am a Gujarati, I decided to act in a show.”

Talking about why he quit Taarak Mehta, Raj says, “I played Tappu for five years and there was nothing more that I could explore with the character. When I quit the show, all my friends felt I was mad to do something like that. But I had to take up the challenge and push myself to do something different. Taarak Mehta was a milestone in my career and I will always be grateful for it.”

‘I would not like to speak about Munmun’
A few months ago, there were rumours of him getting engaged to his co-actor from Taarak Mehta, Munmun Dutta. At the time, Munmun denied the rumours, but Raj never spoke about it.

Ask him about it and he says, “I would not like to speak about Munmun. I never have. I am focussing on my career and I have many other things to talk about. Whenever there is something interesting to talk about my personal life, I will do so.”

Raj says his mother is looking for a match for him. He adds, “My mother would love to have a swayamvar for me! It’s funny because I have yet to establish myself in my career. Yes, whenever it has to happen, I would want a partner who is understanding.”