Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; October 12, 2024)

Taapsee Pannu’s home in Mumbai reflects the true Punjabi that she is at heart. The actress’s apartment has a rustic vibe. The ethnic interior décor that her sister Shagun helped her with boasts red-brick walls, jute charpais, and wall-mounted jharokhas. It reminds one of a quintessential home in the interiors of Punjab.

The Thappad actress says, “My sister is a wedding décor professional. So, we didn’t have a designer on board, and she helped do up our house tastefully. Most of the things you see in the house have been handpicked by us whenever we travelled to different parts of the country, to places like Punjab, Rajasthan or Kutch.”

Taapsee, who was recently seen in Khel Khel Mein, shares that she never wanted a luxurious-looking house but a home that looked more rooted. “I always wanted the house to look and feel very Indian. I didn’t want it to look fancy or expensive, but something that’s very warm and welcoming,” she shares.

While one floor of the duplex has a desi feel to it, the other one, which is more of a personal space, is western. She explains, “Depending on my mood, I choose the floor where I want to hang out. My friends vibe more with the desi floor. In fact, they call my place a Pinterest house because they feel every corner of the house is very photo-worthy. They feel like there are elements in every corner which they can frame in a picture.”

Meanwhile, her home in Delhi reflects a very different sensibility. She explains, “My father has a very different taste in interiors. He likes to keep it practical, functional and clinical because that is how he is.”