Irrfan would have  wanted to collaborate  with Diljit Dosanjh,  feels Sutapa Sikdar
BOMBAY TIMES (May 3, 2024)

Remembering Irrfan, who passed away on April 29, 2020, his wife and screenwriter Sutapa Sikdar took to Instagram to share a note that was different from the usual posts. She shared a conversation that she imagined they would have had, if had he had been alive.

She began the note saying, “It’s 4 years and three days since Irrfan left me. Four years? A feeling of guilt sweeps through my body. 4 years we have LIVED without him, added with sadness, fear, hopelessness and severe helplessness. And then I thought, but still I lived with him more. I knew him since 1984, so that makes it 36 years of knowing him more and definitely, till I die, I would have spent more time with him than without him. And then I thought, if he was with me physically in 2024, what would have been our conversation like? Because that’s the most I miss (sic).”

Sutapa then shared a hypothetical chat between them where she would have praised Diljit Dosanjh’s performance in Amar Singh Chamkila, which would have led her to recommend they work together. She wrote that the actor would have called his friend, producer, Dinesh Vijan, to try and work out a possible project for the two. She also shared that her husband would have expressed the desire to work in a Malayalam film.

Irrfan would have  wanted to collaborate  with Diljit Dosanjh,  feels Sutapa Sikdar