Agar kabhi SRK mujhse mile, main toh ro doonga
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 9, 2023)

Shah Rukh Khan’s doppelgänger, Suraj Kumar, had the time of his life when he was papped at India Gate in Delhi recently and his pictures went viral. Talking to us, the 22-year-old, who would instantly remind you of SRK from the 90s, can’t contain his excitement as he says, “I often go to India Gate to shoot videos. That’s my go-to spot to make reels. I love enact his scenes from movies Baazigar and Darr (both 1993).”

An ardent SRK fan, Kumar loves to watch his “older films such as Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Deewana, Chamatkar (all 1992) and Maya Memsaab (1993)”. He adds, “His style was unmatched. Unke bolne ka tareeka, baal, dance, haklaana... you don’t get to see all that in his newer films.”

Kumar, however, reveals that the response and love he has been receiving at the moment wasn’t the case a few years back. “Initially, when I used to behave like Shah Rukh in public places, people would laugh at me. After my videos went viral, they started recognizing what I do. Now, people take selfies with me and say, ‘Aap 90s ke Shah Rukh lagte ho’.

Who is Suraj?
Hailing from Jharkhand, Suraj left his home six years ago with a dream to meet SRK and become an actor. Currently living in Delhi, he says, “My family never supported me. Toh apne papa ki pocket se paise chori karke main Mumbai chala gaya. I wanted to become an actor like SRK.” He adds, “I’d go to Mannat daily, but I’ve never met him. Agar kabhi SRK mujhse mile, main toh ro doonga.”

Kumar has finally bagged a film, “which stars (actor) Pulkit Samrat. Mera sapna poora ho gaya”.