Ranveer Singh says he's not a competitive actor, doesn't subscribe to one-upmanship

The 67th Wolf 777news Filmfare Awards 2022 were announced at an event in Mumbai where the actor was the guest of honour
Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; July 30, 2022)

The 67th Wolf 777news Filmfare Awards 2022 will be held in full glory with a live onground show in Mumbai. Taking forward the six-decade-long legacy, the coveted Black Lady will recognize the best in Hindi cinema for the year 2021 at a star-studded event that will celebrate the artistic and technical brilliance of Hindi cinema. The event will be hosted by Bollywood buddies, Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor, at the Jio World Convention Centre, BKC in Mumbai, on August 30. The awards night will see performances by Kartik Aaryan, Vicky Kaushal, Kiara Advani, and Disha Patani to name a few. Bollywood fans can enjoy the show live amidst the stars by buying tickets on BookMyShow.

Bollywood’s powerhouse performer Ranveer Singh was the guest of honour at the press conference in Mumbai on Thursday to make the announcement. The actor is a recipient of four Filmfare Awards so far.

Ranveer said, “It’s an honour to represent and host Filmfare Awards. The legacy of the Black Lady is an integral part of the entertainment industry for the last six decades. This year I am extremely excited to host the show in front of a live audience. The energy in the house will be unprecedented. The team behind the show are some of the best names in the business, and together it is our endeavour to create a magical and memorable evening for our beloved audience and fraternity.”

Calling himself a ‘filmy bachcha, ’90s baby’, the actor shared some lovely anecdotes in his usual no holds barred style. Ranveer, who won his first Filmfare Award for Band Baaja Baaraat (2010), said, “I’ve won the Filmfare Award a few times and some of my most cherished moments in life have been on those awards nights. When I won the Best Actor for Bajirao Mastani (2015), my idol, the one who inspired me to be an actor, Mr Amitabh Bachchan was sitting in the front row. Madhuri Dixit Nene presented the award to me for Gully Boy (2019) and that was a moment of a lifetime for me. When Deepika won the Best Actress Award for Piku (2015), to be there with our families was very special for us. There is some magic around Filmfare, so I am thrilled to be hosting it this year. My personal favourite Filmfare Award hosts have been Shah Rukh Khan and Saif Ali Khan. I have my dearest baba Arjun Kapoor to co-host with me this time. I am looking forward to celebrating excellence in Hindi films.”