BOLLYWOOD MAFIA OUT TO HUNT ME: TANUSHREE DUTTA

The actor says none of her projects materialize because of the “vicious” ways of “Bollywood bullies”
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 30, 2022)

Tanushree Dutta recently made some startling revelations in an Instagram post, sharing how she continues to face “severe mental, physical and psychological harassment”. The actor tells us, “Things have been happening to me for a long time. This is the first time that I sat and put down my thoughts together.”

Dutta, who was the face of the #MeToo movement in India four years back, says “powerful people in Bollywood” are still trying to pull her down. While the actor says she continues to get work, most of these projects never see the light of the day. “I am trying to resurrect my career and people are interested in working with me, despite the image that the Bollywood mafia has portrayed of me of being difficult. I am getting offers for films and web projects, but none of them materialize. All of a sudden, the makers go in incognito mode or sponsors drop. I have lost count of how many times this has happened to me. People just get one message, ‘It is advisable not to work with her’, and they start avoiding me. They [the Bollywood mafia] like to hunt, and that is what this is for them. Nobody wants to mess with them.”

Not taking any particular names, Dutta says these are “nameless and faceless people”. “I don’t want to drop names because I don’t have proof and they are quick to put cases. I was the face of the #MeToo movement and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. These Bollywood bullies have vicious and twisted ways. It is easy for them to harass anyone,” the Tears Of Nandigram (2012) actor claims.

Dutta admits that she is undergoing severe mental harassment, but is determined to fight it all. The 38-year-old is taking comfort in knowing that people are willing to work with her “even if they end up getting pressured in the end”. “I am not going to lose my sanity or take any drastic steps. I’m not enjoying the harassment. [But] I am enjoying the fact that people still love me. They can sabotage my career, not my spirit,” she ends.