‘MAINE LIFE
MEIN BAHUT
KUCH MISS
KIYA HAI’

During her solo trip to the USA recently, Rashami Desai realised there’s more to life than just work
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 17, 2022)

Recently, Rashami Desai set off on a month-long solo vacation in the USA and the actor admits that the getaway was important for her to reconnect with herself and reflect on her life choices. “It was a much-needed vacation, something I was planning for the past two-three years. Ghoomna phirna had always been my last priority, which made me a different person. During this trip, I realised life is so much more. I got to spend more time with myself,” says the actor.

Sharing her realisations, Desai adds, “Sometimes, you do things (work) at the best places, wear the best clothes, have everything in your hand, but uske baad kya? [During the trip I realised that] kal ko agar main kaam nahin karungi aur the Rashami Desai nahin rahungi, toh kya! I found my choices and answers.”

The 36-year-old adds that she has been working since she was 16 and the Coronavirus pandemic gave her the time to reflect on her life. “I realised I had only been working and running. Maine life mein bahut kuch miss kiya hai, but I want to explore new things now. A creative mind needs a break and I forgot that. Now, I am feeling good, independent and comfortable,” she says.

Interestingly, Desai didn’t just travel alone, but also went backpacking: “Going solo was scary, because Covid-19 is still around and I kept thinking, ‘What if I contract the virus while travelling? I’d have no one to take care of me’.”

From protecting herself from bag snatchers to experiencing the thrill of bungee-jumping, the actor says she learnt to conquer her fears. “For the first time in my life, I did not travel luxury. Everything was in one backpack. I would get scared sometimes… In fact, ek baar mera samaan snatch hote-hote bacha,” the Dil Se Dil Tak actor ends.