Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 9, 2022)

“I see brazen neglect of Coronavirus protocols in political rallies that are rampant everywhere,” rues singer Sonu Nigam, who has tested Covid-19 positive for the third time. He adds, “I feel there is something wrong in the management of this crisis. The only people who keep suffering are those who contribute maximum to the Indian economy — artistes, restauranteurs, theatre owners, filmmakers, etc.” 

Unlike his first two times, the singer says he was better prepared now. “I knew I had a relapse, so I got myself tested, but I tested negative. Only the test done the day before my flight [for an event] turned positive,” Nigam tells us.  

The singer adds that he feels disheartened when his work suffers. “I feel guilty in such matters, even though they are beyond my control. I had an event in Bhubaneswar and had to feature on a musical reality show,” shares Nigam, who is spending time with his son, Nevaan, in Dubai: “He cooks delicious food for me.”