Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 20, 2021)

Mrunal Thakur is in a happy space as she is looking forward to three releases this year. “I am glad that finally, the amount of hard work that we have put in our films in 2020, will be witnessed by the audiences. My first release is Toofaan, which is close to my heart. I worked with a fabulous team including Farhan Akhtar and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra sir and the journey, the experience, the growth, not just as an actor but also as a human, was enormous. I feel I am a different person today because of it,” says the Super 30 (2019) actor.

Thakur calls OTT platforms a blessing for those who can’t go to theatres. “Even during Coronavirus, there is a way to entertain our audiences. OTT has a huge reach global reach. As for box office success, I never took that pressure as an actor. My film is a complete package. It will entertain people but it will also inspire, allow us to never give up, and follow our dreams. We all need that one push to keep us on track and guide us on the right way. That’s what my character does. However, in real life, Farhan inspired me (laughs). It was enchanting to work with him,” she explains.

The actor has Jersey with Shahid Kapoor next, and Aankh Micholi. She will also start Pippa co-starring Ishaan Khatter soon.

The shoot for Jersey had begun in early 2020 but it had to be stalled due to the lockdown. Later, in October, right after the unlock, the unit began shooting again. Talking about the experience of shooting amid the pandemic, she says, “I was scared but the joy of being on a movie set was great. It was a long process and back then, we didn’t know what measures we needed to take. By the end of the schedule in Dehradun, we were happy to be back to work.”