The actor says she won’t take up any project just for the sake of being active in Bollywood
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 20, 2021)

After Munna Michael in 2017, Nidhhi Agerwal hasn’t been seen in any Hindi film. But she continues to do a lot of work in Tamil and Telugu cinema. Ask the actor if it’s because she gets better roles there, and she agrees. “For me, yes. I have been active in the south for the last three years, and not been in Mumbai much to meet new people and get stuff. I am currently shooting for my Telugu and Tamil films, and been constantly doing that for the last three months. I am really happy with the usual stuff, workout, meetings and shoots,” Agerwal says.

What is it about south films that differentiates them from Hindi films for her — apart from, of course, the language? The 27-year-old replies, “I am just happy working in films. It’s not about the language; it just happened that my career there took off fast. Going to a set every morning, meeting creative minds keeps me satisfied.”

While Savyasachi (2018) and iSmart Shankar (2019) figure among her Telugu films, Bhoomi and Eeswaran were her Tamil ventures. However, despite hailing from Bengaluru, Agerwal is yet to be seen in a Kannada film. She confesses that she is not too fluent in the language. “In school, I had Hindi as a language subject. I learnt Tamil and Telugu. If something really nice comes to me in Kannada, I will be open to doing it. I am surprisingly good at catching languages. Maybe I will be good at it,” she shares.

Coming back to her stint in Bollywood, the actor makes it clear that she won’t sign just about any film. “I am just waiting for something really nice, because I came in with such a big film. I don’t want to do a film just for the sake of being active in the Hindi film industry. I am doing some great work in the south, and a lot of time, dates are the issue. Since I am already committed there, I don’t have time to do something when it comes up, but I will be doing something very soon in Hindi as well,” she says.