Aditya will tie the knot with his girlfriend, actress Shweta Agarwal, on December 1
Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; November 5, 2020)

Singer-actor Aditya Narayan is all set to walk down the aisle with his long-time girlfriend, Shweta Agarwal on December 1. The wedding festivities will be a three-day affair starting with the mehndi function on November 29, followed by a temple wedding on December 1 and a reception on December 2 at a five-star in Mumbai.

In an exclusive chat with BT, Aditya revealed, “Shweta and I are extremely excited to finally get married after being in a relationship for 10 years. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the wedding will only include family and close friends. We are planning to have a sangeet function on the day of the reception, which will include performances by the entire family. Our wedding outfits are designed by Shweta because along with being an actress, she is also a fashion designer. For many years now, she has been designing my outfits.”

Talking about Shweta, who has acted with opposite him in his debut film Shaapit, Aditya shared, “Shweta is an extremely calm and polite girl. I am just the opposite, highly energetic and sometimes impatient, too. But, she has been extremely patient, and I can say she is the balancing factor in my life.”

While the wedding is still being planned, it seems Aditya has the playlist ready. “Shweta and I will dance to my father’s song Pehla Nasha from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar because, for me, it was love at first sight when I met her. I recently bought a new apartment, and I am excited that Shweta and I will start our new life in the new house.”

A few days ago, the couple went on a short holiday to a retreat near Lonavala. Aditya planned the romantic getaway to propose to Shweta officially. He said, “Maldives was my first choice. I had planned to propose to her at the exotic beach destination in March 2020 and I had kept the ring ready since December 2019. Our flights were booked in March, but eight hours before our departure, we got the news that Maldives was under lockdown. So, I could not officially get engaged then. When we went to Lonavala, I surprised her by popping the question and slipping the ring on her finger.”

The two plan to go for their honeymoon to Gulmarg, Kashmir. He said, “Shweta loves skiing and I felt it would be ideal to go to Gulmarg in the winters. If everything goes well, we plan to go there.”

Aditya also dismissed rumours around his father Udit Narayan’s recent comment, where he said that his son should be doubly sure before getting married. Aditya explained, “My father was just kidding when he said that I should be doubly sure. Obviously, if you are getting married, it is a responsibility that you are accepting, and he felt that I should be ready for it. People blew the entire comment out of proportion. I am the only son and my parents couldn’t have been happier that their son is getting married.”