Enlarge Image
Upala KBR (DNA; September 21, 2015)

Enlarge ImageSonam Kapoor and Swara Bhaskar bonded during the shooting of Raanjhanaa and that bonding has grown since. And now, Sonam and sister Rhea have turned stylists for Swara as she attends the second Silk Road International Film Festival (Sept 22-26) in Fuzhou, China.

Says a source, “Swara’s film Nil Battey Sannata, will be screened as the opening gala film at the festival. She’s great friends with Sonam and while discussing the festival with her, happened to mention how she’d like to make an impactful appearance there. Sonam was happy to extend her support and suggested that Rhea and she style her for the festival.”

Laughs Swara when asked about the Kapoor sisters styling her. “I think Sonam has a huge social activist streak in her and I happen to be her first project. I thought it was very sweet of her to style me. We were shooting for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo when I got the news that my film is being screened at SRIFF. There was this usual girl talk with us cribbing about clothes when Sonam asked me what I was going to wear to the event. When we meet at social events she’s always ribbing me, ‘Swara what are you wearing, what is this outfit?’ Now she said, ‘Swara, I am styling you for this film festival.’ I thought she was joking, but she wasn’t! Sonam called me again and made me speak to Rhea who put me in touch with designer Chandni Wahabi who works with Sonam and styles her.”

Swara tells us that even as we speak, she is in the middle of trials. “I have never spent so much time and energy on styling myself. There are four events to go for and I am trusting Sonam, Rhea and Chandni completely to style me perfectly. I just have to listen to what they tell me as there is no scope for going wrong. The discussions and judgment of this team’s fashion sense is fabulous. Apart from the fact that Sonam is a fashion icon she’s also a good friend and I trust her to put my interests ahead of everything else.”

Talking about her equation with Sonam, Swara says, “Our friendship started from Raanjhanaa and grew stronger in Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. It’s been great working with her. She won me over in Raanjhanaa. Working with her again in PRDP confirmed everything that I felt about her again. She’s a good girl. Everyone in that family has their hearts in the right place.”

So now can we expect Sonam and Rhea to become her permanent stylists? Swara smiles, “What they are doing for me is a sweet gesture and I know that tomorrow if I need Sonam’s opinion for anything on fashion I will just need to send a picture and she will revert.”