Vivek Agnihotri slams ‘fake news’ saying he won box-office battle against Prabhas
HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 29, 2023)

Director Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri refuted news that he allegedly said he is ‘already winning’ the box-office battle against actor Prabhas, as their films The Vaccine War and Salaar: Part 1 – Ceasefire, respectively, will clash on September 28.

He tweeted: “Who is spreading such fake news attributing fake quotes to me? I respect Prabhas who is a mega mega star doing mega mega budget films. We make non-starrer, small budget, people’s films. There is no comparison between us. Pl spare me (sic).”

He retweeted the image with the quote attributed to him that read, “I’ve won clashing against Prabhas (Radhe Shyam) with my Kashmir Files. I’m going to repeat the same clash with him this time with my VaccineWar (sic).” Both the films had released on March 11, 2022, with The Kashmir Files emerging as a blockbuster, while Radhe Shyam didn’t get a good response.