SARA FEELS ‘PRIVILEGED’ TO WORK WITH BIG DIRECTORS
Sara Ali Khan doesn’t let the pressure of big names or her films’ successes get to her
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 31, 2023)

Since she broke on to the film scene five years ago, Sara Ali Khan has worked with a number of A-list directors like Abhishek Kapoor (Kedarnath; 2018), Rohit Shetty (Simmba; 2018), Imtiaz Ali (Love Aaj Kal; 2020) and Aanand L Rai (Atrangi Re; 2021). Riding high on her latest, Laxman Utekar’s Zara Hatke Zara Bachke (ZHZB), the actor, who is a “nervous person in general” believes that working with these big names is a privilege.

The 27-year-old shares, “I don’t feel pressure while working with a big director, but rather privileged. I want to work with filmmakers, who I can fully surrender myself to and say ‘Bhai aap jo bologe, as an actor, main vahi karungi’. I want to continue to do honest work so that more directors want to work with me. That’s the only way to grow.”

Sara, who comes from a filmy family (her parents are actors Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh), doesn’t let that go to her head. “Early on in my career, I was spoiled. But I understood that mera kaam hai apna kaam karna. I have to be on set on time, know my lines and do what the director says. Films are a director’s medium,” she says.

Sara, who starred along with Vicky Kaushal in ZHZB says, she is taking success with a pinch of salt. “You’re only as relevant as your last Friday [collections]. I got a lot of love for the film. I’m enjoying the moment but I am not holding onto it. One wrong Friday and it can all go away,” she ends.