Rubina Dilaik opens up about recent accident

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 13, 2023)

She narrowly escaped a fatal situation when a truck rammed into her car at a traffic signal in Mumbai on June 10. And living to tell us the tale is actor Rubina Dilaik.

Sharing the details, she says, “My car was slowing down since the signal had turned yellow, when suddenly I had this jerk from behind. This is next to Inorbit Mall in Malad. My head hit the seat ahead, and then I got back and landed on my lower back. The impact was so high that I was in shock for a few seconds. Then Abhinav (Shukla, actor-husband) came and managed the whole situation.”

Dilaik says that the first thing he did was take her to the hospital and get medical tests done. “Everything was good in the tests, thankfully. When you go towards Andheri, between Bangur Nagar and Hypercity, I have seen this many times: people don’t stop or obey the signal,” says Dilaik, adding, “I have taken legal action against that truck driver. If we let go of such things, we become irresponsible for not putting them out there. One of my friends was in a cab a few days ago with her five-month-old daughter when a car rammed into theirs. They were waiting for the signal too.”