I DON’T LIKE
PARTYING
ON MY
BIRTHDAY,
SAYS SHILPA
As Shilpa Shetty Kundra turns 48 today, she plans to keep it low-key and spend the day with her family
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 8, 2023)

Currently in London, Shilpa Shetty Kundra is spending quality time with her family — husband Raj Kundra (47) and children Viaan (10) and Samisha (3). As the actor turns 48 today, she tells us that she will be holidaying for a while, with a short trip to India for a work commitment. “I will visit India briefly for the shoot of a reality show and will return to London after wrapping it up,” says Shilpa.

Party all night? Not really
The actor proudly calls herself a “homebody” and says she doesn’t like to party, even on her birthday. “I end up going to parties because I am from the industry (showbiz) and I have so many friends. Toh parties mein mooh dikhana padta hai. But, I am the kind of person who likes to unwind with her kids, read them stories and have her dinner by 7 pm. I don’t want to have a party on my birthday. My family might have some plans, but as far as I know, it’s going to be a simple celebration,” says Shilpa.

BEST BIRTHDAY KI YAADEIN
Among all the birthdays she’s had so far, Shilpa considers her 40th the most memorable one: “My husband planned a party for me in Montenegro (Europe) and invited 40 of my friends. When I was on the way, I had no clue about the celebration. But I knew that my son wasn’t there, so I felt guilty as a mother. But by the time I got to the resort, I was surprised to see Viaan, my in-laws and parents. My father was also alive then. It was a beautiful celebration.”

LONDON, HER SECOND HOME
Shilpa says since she had a busy 2022, taking some time off to be with her family was a must. “With Indian Police Force and Sukhee (her upcoming projects), I worked really hard last year. So, I needed to get out. London is my second home and there’s so much to do here with the kids. I just wait to do normal things and not be seen. We go strawberry picking and visiting theme parks with them. I am feeling rejuvenated. It’s great to not be looked at or judged,” admits the actor.