Sona Sona was an impactful inclusion in my song list  for concerts:  Sonu Nigam
Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 26, 2023)

Besides actor Amitabh Bachchan’s iconic dance steps, the song Sona Sona from Major Saab (1998) is remembered by music aficionados for its playback. As Major Saab clocks 25 years, singer Sonu Nigam talks about the cult song, which also featured vocals by singers Sudesh Bhosle and Jaspinder Narula. “I didn’t have a lot of songs at that time so Sona Sona was a very impactful inclusion in my song list for concerts,” shares Nigam.

The singer recalls being in the studio when the track, composed by late music director Aadesh Shrivastava, was played to Bachchan. 

“Aadesh bhai shared a very informal and personal relationship with Bachchan sahab. They both spoke throughout in a very funny and strange nasal tone and I was awestruck,” says Nigam, adding, “I was asked to open the song before Sudesh ji took over for Bachchan sahab. The atmosphere was festive. I remember I had pointed out to Dev Kohli ji (lyricist) that he was using the words Peg Patiala again in this song, as I had just sung a song written by him for Anand-Milind (composer duo) and the words were Roop Tera Hai Kudiye Peg Patiale Da. He then replaced it with Ye Ishq Piya La.”

Sona Sona was an impactful inclusion in my song list  for concerts:  Sonu Nigam