Don’t have any kind  of hidden agenda, says SS Rajamouli
HINDUSTAN TIMES (March 2, 2023)

Director S S Rajamouli is a fan of all things larger-than-life, and that comes across in his work as well, be it the Baahubali franchise or his award-winning outing, RRR (2022). The filmmaker has now said that his films are made for those “willing to spend their hard-earned money” on a ticket. In his interview with AFP, he also clarified that when he makes movies, he does not have “any kind of hidden agenda”.

“Any extreme point of view, I oppose. I don’t have any kind of hidden agenda. I make films for people who are willing to pay their hard-earned money [to buy] a film ticket. I like to entertain them, make them feel dramatic about the characters, the situations, have a good time, go back and live their lives,” he said.

Rajamouli’s RRR has been receiving acclaim worldwide. Its story revolves around the lives of two freedom fighters, Alluri Seetharama Raju (played by Ram Charan) and Komaram Bheem (played by Jr NTR).

“When I’m going to a movie, I would like to see larger-than-life characters, situations and larger-than-life drama. And that’s what I like to make, too. Nothing holds the heroes back in delivering their action sequences. We are breaking ground, but I think we are in a very, very initial stage. If you see (South) Korea, for example, the kind of inroads that they have made... We should aspire to do that, all Indian filmmakers.”