‘ACTORS LIKE
ME WAIT FOR
BIGGER ACTORS
TO SAY NO TO
RISKY FILMS’
All for taking on challenging parts, Gurfateh Pirzada likes to wait for the right offers to come his way
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 21, 2023)

Gurfateh Pirzada is content with the way his career has progressed. The actor came in the spotlight with the 2020 web film Guilty. He did a small role in Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva (2022) and with his February OTT release, Class, he got a chance to showcase his versatility. “I am happy that the audience likes what I am doing. I had not chosen Guilty, it chose me. In fact, I was not in the position to make choices at that time. I always had a vision of the kind of projects I wanted to be a part of and the people I wanted to work with,” says the 26-year-old.

All for taking on challenging parts, Pirzada adds, “Actors like me wait for bigger actors to say no to risky films or characters, because not everyone likes to experiment. I am sure Guilty and Class would have been offered to bigger actors. I am hoping more such projects keep coming my way.”

The actor admits that the projects he has done so far have made him confident. “It’s not been an easy journey. I have been doing this (trying to find good work) for nine years,” says Pirzada, adding that patience has kept him going. That’s also evident from how he’s responded to his first film as the lead, Bedhadak, getting delayed. It was supposed to go on floors, but Coronavirus disrupted the plan. The actor says, “It has been pushed and I am shooting for something else right now.”

Talking about the way things have changed, he adds, “There has been a lot of change in the way things are dealt with in the film industry after the pandemic. Consumer needs have changed, so films are going to take some time. But I am in no rush. I am here to stay for 50 years and not work for five years and disappear.”