Congress- Aam Aadmi Party's New Tiff In Punjab: Actor Vidya Balan's Video

Ruman Ganguly (BOMBAY TIMES; January 9, 2023)

During her recent visit to Kolkata to interact with medical professionals, Vidya Balan opened up about subjects such as women’s health, her upcoming projects and her love for the City of Joy.

‘WE WOMEN DON’T ACKNOWLEDGE THE NEEDS OF OUR BODIES’
Sharing her thoughts on women’s body image, she said, “We do not acknowledge the desires and needs of our bodies, let alone take care of ourselves. This has to change. It is not just a woman’s responsibility — but everyone in the family has to be aware and equally responsible for her wellbeing. The shame and taboo attached to a woman’s body have to go. The family, her support system, should collectively engage with and address a woman’s health issues. Every time a woman goes to a gynaecologist, her partner, husband or son should also go along with her. That’s only when we can truly progress as a nation.”

REVISITING PLACES WHERE SHE SHOT
Talking about her bond with the City of Joy, she shared, “I have a special connection with this warm city and look forward to any and every excuse to be here. But the pandemic has kept me away all these years. This time around, I went to Kalighat for Ma’s darshan and blessings. Then I went for a drive and the city looked so beautiful. I went to the places I shot at for Kahaani and No One Killed Jessica to revisit my memories, as I have not been to the city for three long years. ”

USHA UTHUP BIOPIC IN THE WORKS?
There was buzz that the actress would step into veteran singer Usha Uthup’s shoes for a biopic. “I would be more than happy to do it, but it has not materialized yet,” said Vidya, adding, “I love Usha Uthup and her fabulous music!” As for her upcoming films, she said, “This year, my films Neeyat and Lovers will hit the big screen, but I am not sure about the release dates.”