‘Bada hi milestone birthday lag raha hai’

Tahira Kashyap Khurrana, who turns 40 today, has an elaborate celebration planned
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 21, 2023)

Much fun and merry is in store for author-filmmaker Tahira Kashyap Khurrana, who is spending her 40th birthday today with her family and friends at the Gir National Park in Gujarat.

“My family and friends from college are in Gir. Last year, we went to Ranthambore for the safari. We will be back on 23rd from Gir. On 26th, I’m off to Dubai with 15 of my girlfriends. Bada milestone birthday lag raha hai,” she quips.

“My parents used to call all my friends for my birthday party. After I got married, kuch hota hi nahin tha. That’s when reality hits you... With time, you choose who you want to celebrate with,” she says, adding, “It need not be extravagant. Like, this is a small trip to Gir which we are taking and then going out with my girls… It is the big 40, so sab kuch kar rahi hun!”

Professionally, too, it’s a big year for Khurrana. Her first feature directorial, Sharmaji Ki Beti, is lined up for release and then she will start work on her second project.

“It is with Guneet Monga (Kapoor, producer). She was the first person I showed Toffee (short film) to. At that time, I didn’t know her at all. Later, I made Pinni with her and we got to know each other on a deeper level. We feel strongly about many issues. So, I took a script to her and she is on board. I am very excited to start. I am getting back into action as soon as I am back from the trip,” she signs off.