The couple’s wedding celebrations will be held in Mumbai on December 11 and 12, followed by extended functions in Delhi on December 16
Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; November 14, 2022)

Acclaimed filmmaker Guneet Monga, who has produced Bafta nominated and Oscar winning productions, is all set to tie the knot in December with Sunny Kapoor in Mumbai. In June this year, Guneet staged her wedding with Sunny, a Delhi-based businessman and fashion entrepreneur, a few weeks after their engagement in April, to fulfil the wishes of Sunny’s grandmother, whose health was deteriorating due to cancer. Though she passed away a few weeks after their staged wedding, the couple was happy that they could plan this for her.

The Delhi-born filmmaker will finally tie the knot with her fiancé Sunny next month. A source told BT, “The couple is going to have a Mumbai wedding on December 11 and 12, which will be followed by extended functions in Delhi on December 16. Since both Monga and Kapoor are Punjabis, guests can expect a big fat Punjabi wedding with naach-gaana, a fun-filled mehendi and sangeet ceremony.”

Guneet told BT, “Having once staged a whole wedding for dadi ji, we are now set to tie the knot for real. Though I was born and brought up in Delhi, my whole life is now in Mumbai, my karma bhoomi. I have found friends like family here. All the ceremonies will be in Mumbai with a reception in Delhi.”

She added, “Ever since I was 18, I wanted to get married and I finally met Sunny last year on a dating app. He is an extremely simple and loving man. He is my biggest cheerleader and my biggest critic. Even though I met him only last year, I can surely say I’m marrying my best friend and I am so grateful to have found a family that is so loving and giving. Since I lost both my parents at the age of 23, I have dreamt of having a big family and I am so excited that my dream is all set to come true. I can’t wait to end the year with a big bang.”

Guneet, who was an executive producer of the documentary Period. End of Sentence. won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject in 2019. As a producer, she has also backed some critically acclaimed films such as Gangs Of Wasseypur, The Lunchbox, Masaan, Zubaan and Pagglait.