Mum’s birth anniversary is an extremely vulnerable day for me: Pratiek Babbar
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 17, 2022)

The legacy of late actor Smita Patil lives on through her films, and her son, actor Prateik Babbar, would love nothing more than to carry it on. On her birth anniversary today, Babbar, who is gun-shy about public appearances, will be seen cutting a cake amid fans of his mum as well as the paparazzi. He also plans to commemorate the day with a charity that takes in and feeds stray animals. 

“I want to get their (paparazzi) blessings. She was always loved and I want to carry forward that emotion. No one can forget who Smita Patil was. Recently, on Mr (Amitabh) Bachchan’s birthday (October 11), there were screenings of his films. Aaj Rapat Jaye To (a song featuring Bachchan and Patil from Namak Halaal; 1982), got the most whistles and applause. So many people shared the videos from the theatre,” Babbar shares. 

Patil died from complications during childbirth and would have been 67 today. Babbar says, “Her birth and death anniversaries are two extremely vulnerable days for me. However, I feel blessed and humbled with all the wishes that pour in. I think about her all day and I feel lost, but there’s always lots of love.”

Mum’s birth anniversary is an extremely vulnerable day for me: Pratiek Babbar