Wonder why we don’t make films like Jab We Met these days: Tarun
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 26, 2022)

Actor Tarun Arora played Anshuman, the boyfriend of actor Kareena Kapoor Khan’s character, Geet, in Jab We Met (2007), and he feels grateful for being a part of the film. “Even after 15 years, Jab We Met continues to be a good watch. It makes me proud. I wonder why we don’t make such films anymore. The younger generation enjoys it, too,” the 43-year-old shares.

Arora adds that it was after this project that he started getting good offers: “After the release, I waited for better roles, but Bollywood offered me similar ones. I am glad makers down South gave me some good roles, which were bigger and meaningful. I felt accomplished.”

For Arora, working with his “popular” co-stars (Khan and Shahid Kapoor) was a learning experience. “They were so professional despite their personal issues (Khan and Kapoor had broken up around that time). At first, I thought Kareena was a snob, but when I interacted with her, I realised she is cool. Shahid was so devoted to his work. I learnt to be focused on the job from him,” the actor ends.

Wonder why we don’t make films like Jab We Met these days: Tarun