Ankit Tiwari on fan threatening to harm himself: It was shocking
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 19, 2022)

Singer Ankit Tiwari was recently in for a shock when an unknown man claiming to be his fan, created mayhem inside his building premises. The man entered Tiwari’s building on Monday evening, wanting to meet the Teri Galliyan singer. He was stopped by the building’s guards and soon even Tiwari’s manager intervened. The 30-minute long confrontation, led to the man shouting, screaming and threatening to cut his wrist.

“Shocking toh tha,” says the 36-year-old, adding, “As a singer, when we perform, we get to meet a lot of different people. However, this was a bit bizarre. He said a few alarming things. He was threatening to harm himself if I didn’t meet him. I only had two options. Either I could have called the police or I could have gone down myself, to avoid any further chaos. So, I decided to step down.”

He further says, “I wasn’t particularly scared to meet him. The guards were holding on to him and trying to keep him calm. At that moment, anyone could have gotten hurt. That’s what I was worried about.”

“In fact, I spoke to him nicely, and he even apologized for creating the whole ruckus. There’s just so much negativity around us, so I felt whatever step I took, it had to be full of empathy and love,” he explains.

Tiwari, who was last seen in Smart Jodi with his wife Pallavi Tiwari, shares that even she was equally shocked, and so were the other building residents. “After the incident, they had a meeting. I have been called, but I am yet to sort out the issue,” the singer wraps up.

Ankit Tiwari on fan threatening to harm himself: It was shocking