Will try to do justice to the role: Sachin Shroff on replacing Shailesh Lodha as Tarak Mehta

HINDUSTAN TIMES (September 15, 2022)

Actor Sachin Shroff has finally broken his silence on replacing Shailesh Lodha in the show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. The actor says he will “try his best to do justice to the role”, and is very excited to be working with actor Dilip Joshi.

He adds, “Dilip ji is currently not in town. When he returns to the sets in a few days, I will get to shoot with him. I will definitely get to learn a lot from him. I know I will get to do something new and exciting.”

The Balika Vadhu actor also appreciated and thanked his co-stars and directors Malav and Harshad for making him “feel comfortable from day one” and sharing “brilliant inputs”.

“I would say not just for this character, but whenever I step out for work, I am always a little nervous and anxious about it. Every actor has that pressure on them to do good. Everyone here on this show’s set is trying their level best to ensure that I don’t feel like I am under any kind of pressure,” he concludes.

Ever since the announcement of Lodha’s exit, there were several speculations about his replacement. Talking to one of the leading news portal, Shroff said, “Jis tarah se paani mein shakkar ghul jaata hai swaad anusar, waise hi, I will try my best to do justice to the role. I just want to request everyone to keep continuing to love our show. I am taking baby steps to get used to the character.”