Akash Wadhwa (THE TIMES OF INDIA; June 18, 2022)

Faizabad-born actor Yogendra Vikram Singh became a household name after he played Samrath in Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin. He recently bid goodbye to the show and though he is emotional about his track ending, he is also happy that he got a call from his favourite actress Rekha.

He says, “It was Rekha ji who had introduced my track in the show. It was an emotional moment when she called to tell me how she liked my journey in the show and that she was going to miss seeing me in it. It really made my journey more worthwhile. In fact, not many people know this, but my character had to die very early in the show. However, because it was so loved by viewers, it got an extension. Now, I have finally made an exit.”

Yogendra, who has been part of films like Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, Baabarr, NH10 and Saand Ki Aankh among others, says he is happy working on the small screen. “With just one TV show my followers increased manifold on social media. Such is the power of this medium. Ab woh din aa gaye hai when people recognize me and now I don’t have to introduce myself to people every time. It is a good feeling,” he says.

So what next? “I would now like to play a lead character in a TV show, whether it is a positive lead or a negative. Plus, I have a film titled Woh Ladki Hai Kahaan, too, and a couple of OTT projects as well,” he says.