Kriti Kharbanda, Kriti Kharbanda photos, Kriti Kharbanda instagram, Kriti Kharbanda photos, Kriti Kharbanda instagram, indian express, indian express news

Mihir Bhanage (BOMBAY TIMES; June 18, 2022)

Kriti Kharbanda has done her fair share of work in the film industry, including films in Hindi, Telugu and Kannada languages. However, the actress’ perspective is clear. “I don’t look at it as different, regional parts of an industry. For me, it is the Indian film industry, and I am proud to be associated with it,” she says.

‘A FILM SHOULD BE ENTERTAINING, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE LANGUAGE’

The perception of films, too, has changed with pan-India projects taking the spotlight. Ask her how she thinks this has changed the dynamics of the film industry and the Housefull 4 actress replies, “I think people have finally realised that unity is strength. We may speak different languages, but we are all Indian. Every moviegoer, irrespective of the language they speak or understand, wants to be entertained when they go to a cinema hall. When you put your heart and soul into making a good project, it’s also important to make sure that it reaches every part of the country. Dub it into all languages and make sure everyone watches it and talks about it with pride. I am grateful that producers understand the importance of reaching a wider audience and are making sure they enjoy the product.”

MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY

Having been part of OTT projects, and being a viewer too, Kriti feels that the space has changed a lot for everyone involved in showbiz. Has it also opened more avenues, giving actors increasing opportunities to showcase their work? To this, she says, “I think every opportunity, irrespective of the platform, is great, and one should treat it as such. Personally, I believe in doing my best on each project. I can’t control the results or feedback, but I can surely give it my 100 per cent. Having said that, every actor looks for an opportunity to showcase what they are good at. The fact that people have become more accepting of watching films and shows on OTT platforms has changed things for us. Because of that, we are getting more opportunities. The industry will adapt to changes, but in the meantime, as an actor, all I wish for is that the viewers keep watching us on whatever platform they like to.”

‘SUSTAINABLE FASHION IS THE NEED OF THE HOUR’

Talking about her style fundas, she says that while she prefers comfort over glamour, and fashion can be a cool amalgamation of both. She says, “I am a ‘sneakers over heels’ kind of girl. But I feel fashion can be a mix of glamour and comfort. I also feel that sustainable fashion is the need of the hour. Repeating outfits should be normalised. I often wear the same outfits by just reinventing the way I style them. Among friends, we also time-share dresses. Ye karna chahiye. Outfit hai, OTP thodi hai jo ek baar use kiya to phir nahi karoge!”