Alia, Pooja And Rahul Bhatt Wrap-Up Mahesh Bhatt's Birthday In Style. See Pics

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; April 10, 2022)

Over the last few weeks, there has been much speculation about Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor’s wedding date, venue and other details. Bombay Times spoke exclusively to Alia’s half-brother, Rahul Bhatt, who revealed some interesting details about Bollywood’s big, fat upcoming wedding ceremony. 

Rahul said, “Yes, the wedding is happening and I have been invited. I will be there for the ceremonies. However, I am not going to sing and dance. I am a gym instructor by profession and I will be there in the capacity of a bouncer (laughs!). I will be the rakshak at the wedding.”

Rahul feels proud that at such a young age Alia is doing so well in life. He said, “I am really happy to see what she has achieved at such a young age. She has got a great body of work and she has found fame, fortune and real love, which is non-existent in today’s time. She has been blessed with everything because of her choices, the Almighty, the blessings of her parents and good karma. At the right age, she is making the right choices.”

Ask Rahul if Alia discussed her idea of love and relationships with him while she was growing up and he shared, “I am not the kind of a brother who she would discuss all this with. She was too scared that I would go and beat up the boyfriend instead (laughs!).”

Lastly, talk about welcoming Ranbir to the family and Rahul added, “We have met as kids. In recent times, I haven’t met Ranbir in the capacity of Alia’s boyfriend. He has achieved so much in life. I think Alia has made a good choice.”
-----------------------------------------------
ALIA-RANBIR TO MARRY AT RK HOUSE, CONFIRMS ALIA’S UNCLE ROBIN BHATT

Alia Bhatt’s uncle and writer Robin Bhatt spoke to us about the excitement in the household over the shaadi . He said, “I am happy that Alia is getting married. As her uncle, I just wish that my niece and Ranbir live a happy life together.”

The duo is tying the knot at RK House, the family bungalow of the Kapoors located in Chembur. Interestingly, the venue is making the senior Bhatt nostalgic! He shares, “Alia is getting married to Ranbir at RK House where Rishi Kapoor (Ranbir’s father) too got married and I remember I was a part of that wedding as well.”