Sanya is happy to have found a support system in her peers

Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 8, 2022)

The film industry might be known for its cut-throat competition and insecure equations among actors, but actor Sanya Malhotra shares that she has a close bond with her peers. She claims that actor Fatima Sana Shaikh, with whom she started her career in 2016’s Dangal and actor Radhika Madan, her co-star from Pataakha (2018), are two of her support systems in the film industry.

Citing how the idea of sisterhood is also a part of her off-screen life, the actor says, “I’ve been brought up around some strong women in my life, be it my mother or sister. So in that way, I have always had a strong sense of sisterhood [in my life].”

The 30-year-old goes on to point out that “back in the day” everyone “would read stories in film magazines about female actors not getting along, and engaging in cat fights”. However, she adds, “That’s not the situation today. And I’m very happy to have friends who I can count on. Fatima and Radhika are two amazing individuals.”

Excited to be sharing the screen with Shaikh again in Sam Bahadur, Malhotra says, “I remember our Dangal days. Back then, we didn’t imagine that our careers would pan out in such a way that we would go on to do other films together.”

The actor feels grateful to have been a part of women-led stories such as Pataakha and Pagglait (2021) and Kathal, which she is currently shooting for. But she’s open to exploring more. “I want to be a part of stories that I believe in and want to watch as an audience,” she concludes.

Sanya is happy to have found a support system in her peers