‘MOTIVATING
YOUNG
MINDS IS A
CHALLENGING
TASK’

Pankaj Tripathi says today’s generation has modern knowledge but can learn and benefit from seniors’ experiences
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 8, 2022)

Pankaj Tripathi has a way with words and he has never shied away from sharing his experiences. So, recently while shooting for Fukrey in Delhi, he took time off to visit IIT Kharagpur. The actor was invited to deliver a speech to the students where he spoke about his journey, the importance of following one’s journey, the need to take risks and doing what makes them happy above everything else.

Talking about the event, he shares, “I am approached for many events including college annual functions, dramatic society events, literature fests etc but I am unable to attend most due to my schedule. Yet when I got a call from IIT Kharagpur, I went ahead. It’s an honour to deliver a speech at such a prestigious educational institute of India and this really means a lot to me - motivating young minds is always a challenging task for anyone especially with the kind of generation that we are dealing with.”

He spoke in an open session taking on questions about a variety of topics. He admits, “I feel if listening to my life experiences can help anyone, then being a fellow citizen and ek kalakaar jo unko pasand hai, it is my duty to share what I can. We spoke about life, art, management, inspiration and many other aspects. Maine apni samaj aur gyaan ke according unko jawab diya.”

The Criminal Justice actor spoke about the importance of education in today’s times. He stressed on the fact that there should be clarity of thought when it comes to life and career goals for all students alike.

The actor says, “Today’s generation is equipped with modern and progressive knowledge but there are always things that the generations before that have experienced and seen over the years and are exposed with the information that they wish to share and the young generation can benefit from. It’s an exchange of knowledge and wisdom between the newer and experienced lot. I have always wanted a two way communication. I thoroughly enjoyed my session with the students and look forward to being a part of many more such events.”