Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 1, 2022)

For actor Sharib Hashmi, doing a good role in a small film is preferred over a boring role in a big film any day. It’s not the screen time but the role that matters to him.

“Main zaroor woh small film karunga, lekin woh character karne ki meri ichha bhi honi chahiye. I don’t have to be visible in every frame, I don’t care about that. The role is very important. But, it also isn’t necessary that just because the role is meaty, I will do it, it should be a complete package,” he says and adds, “Paisa bhi bahut important hai.”

The actor, who has appeared on popular shows such as The Family Man, Scam 1992 and Asur, is now set to share screen space with Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan in Vikram Vedha. This makes one wonder if he does big films sometimes for the money he gets, so that he can later do smaller, but meaningful projects where the money isn’t much. In the past, actors like Nawazuddin Siddiqui have confessed that they do this.

The 46-year-old replies, “I can’t divide things like this. Nawaz sir is in a different league, I haven’t reached that position yet where I can look at such things. For me, it is about how badly I want to do a role, be it mainstream or independent. In fact, every film has its own budget, so the remuneration can be high at some places, low at others. If it’s a really good character but the money paid is less, I do it. Small or big film doesn’t matter.”