Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 3, 2022)

Actor Aahana S Kumra recently bought a house in the suburbs of Mumbai, which she describes as “a big achievement”. And she claims she has always manifested it: “For the past six years, whenever I travelled for shoots, I used to pick up something or the other, like carpets and showpieces, for my own house [even before purchasing it].” 

The Call My Agent: Bollywood actor adds that “getting a house in Mumbai is a big deal” and confesses that she has been cutting down on her expenses to buy it. “I barely went out because I wanted to save money. In the last few years, I’ve hardly said no to a project. Thankfully, all that has converted into something great for me,” she says, adding that buying a car and holiday home is the next big goal for her. 

The 37-year-old reveals that her parents are “over the moon” about the new abode and that they will be moving in with her soon.

The Lipstick Under My Burkha (2016) actor shares, “I have always had them around me. I’m not somebody who’s very big on (hanging out with) friends. In fact, I love vacationing with my family.” 

Talking further about her personal life, the actor shares that she spent the last month taking care of her mum, who had to be hospitalised after contracting Coronavirus. Kumra recalls, “I was in Aishmuqam Dargah, Kashmir, when my sister told me that mum had to be admitted. I was completely rattled and started crying inside the dargah.”

She adds, “There was a cloud of depression when I came back to Mumbai. I had dedicated the entire January to her. I hardly took up shooting. But God heard my prayers and she’s fine now.”