Sanjay Dutt hopes fans can soon get back to enjoying the big screen experience
Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 9, 2022)

Sanjay Dutt hasn’t had a big screen release in a long time; the last one was Panipat in 2019. But this year, the actor has three film releases scheduled, and he says he is looking forward to the year and hoping for the best amid the rising Coronavirus concern in the country.

“My projects, Shamshera, KGF 2 and Prithiviraj, are magnum opuses and are made for the big screen experience, and I was extremely excited and looking forward to their release. But these can only be enjoyed when the Covid-19 situation in the country is under control. Right now, I only hope that things get better for us and that people continue to take precautions and mask up,” he says.

The 62-year-old adds that, while he “misses being on the big screen”, he is grateful for the OTTs. He has had three web releases in the last two years, including Sadak 2, Torbaaz and Bhuj: The Pride Of India. “The big screen has its own charm, and it allows audiences to enjoy a film in all of its glory and spectrum. But there’s no denying that cinema is evolving, and with the rise of the OTT platform, audiences now have access to a wealth of content that caters to every taste. So, in my opinion, both are equally important and can coexist beautifully,” he explains.

In the midst of the pandemic, the actor also battled cancer. But he says he is fine now. Dutt says, “By God’s grace and with the support of my family, doctors, and well-wishers, I’m back on my feet and raring to go. I’m glad that’s in the past and I was able to recover fully from that difficult phase. It all comes down to willpower and keeping the faith.”