Actor Raveena Tandon got candid at the Tension Not Twitter Spaces session
Compiled by Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 25, 2022)

How does Raveena Tandon stay cool as a cucumber while juggling being a wife, a mother, a daughter, and, of course, a well-known actor? She spilled the beans, and more, during a conversation with Sonal Kalra, Managing Editor (Entertainment & Lifestyle) Hindustan Times, at the Tension Not Twitter Spaces session.

According to the actor, her family and friends help her be stress-free. And when things get too much, Nature is her escape. “Mumbai mein ghutan hoti hai, toh main kisi jungle mein bhaag jaati hun, and come back refreshed,” she joked. It was an open house for fans who couldn’t contain their excitement at having the actor just a tap away. Excerpts:

@DNeurosx: Given that this society is male-centric, including Bollywood, what are some experiences that you have had to face?
To a certain extent, women have to work a little harder in whichever career they choose. While everyone faces challenges, men have it a little easier. In my show Aranyak, my character was passionate about her work, but the onus of looking after the family only came on her. I thank myself for my perseverance, but my in-laws and husband supported me. The rest of the family also has to chip in to let these women achieve their dreams.

@ARanganathan72: Why haven’t you thought about entering politics?
Never say never. There was a point when I was seriously contemplating it. I have been offered seats across India: West Bengal, Punjab, Mumbai, but unfortunately I had to say no at that time as I was not ready. I have not really been impressed by any political party, that they have an ideology I can blindly follow. I disagree with so many things. Sometimes I am afraid that I might not be able to toe the line. But if I feel I am ready...I might say yes!  

@mmiiniii: What was your reaction when you saw ‘From Raveena Tandon’ written on a bomb used by the Indian Army during the Kargil War?
I saw it much later. However, I would advise the whole world that if anything can be negotiated with love and talk, please do it. Khoon ka rang laal idhar bhi hai aur udhar bhi. No one should feel proud about any mother losing their sons or daughters... If I have to stand there [defending the border] to safeguard my country, de do mere haath mein bandook, main vahaan khadi ho jaaungi.

Listen to the full session: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1BRKjnjdavNKw