Sharing her idea of a perfect relationship, the actor says good communication is imperative
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 29, 2022)

Actor Ananya Panday is gearing up for her next, Gehraiyaan. While she is excited about it, she is also mentally prepared for the conversation that will ensue post the release of the film that talks about infidelity. “We aren’t endorsing or glorifying infidelity; we’re simply observing how four people would behave in a certain situation. But everyone will have a different opinion on it and I’m looking forward to the debates that will take place,” she says.

Though infidelity is a deal-breaker for her, Panday adds that working on the project helped her not judge people. Referring to it as a learning experience, she says, “I’ve always been attracted to complex characters that help me evolve, as an actor and person. I’m hoping this paves the way for more complex, flawed, powerful and strong female characters.”

So, what is her idea of a perfect relationship? The 23-year-old shares, “While growing up, I’d watch a lot of Shah Rukh Khan (actor) films. I wanted an ideal man, who would be madly in love with me. After a while, I realized that love is a lot about communication and friendship.”

Quiz her about her experience of working with actor Deepika Padukone in the film, and the Student Of The Year 2 (2019) actor says, “I have admired her as an actor my whole life. I love the choices she has made, the characters she has picked up and the way she has played them. She is as beautiful on the inside as the outside. She is warm and loving. She set the right tone and vibe on the set every day while we worked together.”