Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 29, 2022)

Fashion designer Natasha Dalal is part of a Bollywood family since last year, when she tied the knot with actor Varun Dhawan. But, she doesn’t want that to define her. “That (making a name for her) is something I always wanted to do. Having your own individuality is important. It keeps you grounded and focused,” Dalal tells us, adding, “I would like to keep myself as busy as Varun.”

But one thing that she cannot elude is the constant public scrutiny. “I will never get used to being in the public eye. But it doesn’t bother me. In fact, I’ve realized it (being in the public eye) is something you can use in a good way,” says Dalal, who made her OTT debut with the web show, Say Yes To The Dress India (her collection was part of an episode).

Talking about her bond with Dhawan, Dalal confesses, “He is amazing and supports me in whatever I do. That’s quite great.”

Dalal, who celebrated her first marriage anniversary earlier this week, says that becoming a bride last year has helped her professionally, too. “Every time I meet a bride at my studio, it reminds me of my own experience. Getting married and having to do your own outfit, you get more insightful about the whole thing, because you realise so many things you didn’t know before. You feel a connection with the bride,” Dalal says.