Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; November 21, 2020)

Rakul Preet Singh had welcomed 2020 with a lot of dreams and plans. To begin with, the actress was excited about doing up the apartment she had bought in Bandra. However, the pandemic struck, and along with the rest of the country, her plans, too, went into the Coronavirus lockdown mode. However, now with things gradually getting back to normal, the actress has revived her dream-home project. Rakul says, “My house was almost ready when the lockdown was announced. I worked on the decor during the initial days of the lockdown, but I had ordered a lot of things for the house from across the world, and I had to cancel all those deliveries. Right after the lockdown was lifted, I didn’t get the time needed to give my home the final touches. I require a few days’ break to do that.”

Talking to us earlier, Rakul had shared her reason for buying a house in Mumbai. “When I moved back to this city during the shoot of De De Pyaar De (2019), I wasn’t sure how much time I would be spending here. But, soon, I realised that I would be staying here for long, and wanted a place that I could call ‘home’,” she had said, adding that the pad would reflect her style statement.

“The house has to be roomy with lots of open space. Soft pastel is my go-to colour palette. I want my home to be a calming space that can help me feel relaxed the moment I walk in. Also, I need to maintain a certain fluidity of thought in the décor scheme. Even if it’s a painting, it won’t be something too jarring. Everything has to merge into each other seamlessly. Lots of greenery is another must. The balcony is my favourite corner of the house. I love sitting there and reading, without any disturbance,” she shared.