Picture Courtesy: Official Instagram Account/Raima Sen
Lakshmi V (BOMBAY TIMES; November 21, 2020)

A few days ago, South filmmaker Naveen shared a picture of him and actor Vijay Antony with Raima Sen on his social media and announced that the actress, known for her work in the Bengali and Hindi film industries, will be making her debut in Tamil films with Agni Siragugal. Confirming it, Raima says, “I was approached for the film last year. We finished shooting a lot of the movie last year, in Chennai and Kolkata. After the lockdown, we completed the rest of the portions.”

Ask her what made her say ‘yes’ to the film and she says, “I have always wanted to do a film in Tamil. My sister (Riya Sen) has done Tamil films and I’ve heard a lot of nice things about the industry from her. So, when I got this offer from Naveen, I thought, why not?” The actress started shooting for the film first in Chennai. “I met Naveen and others for the first time in Chennai last year. He is a young filmmaker with amazing energy and had some new, different ideas. I met Akshara Haasan, too, and she is very sweet. I had a pleasant experience and I’m excited to make my debut in Tamil,” she says.

So, was it easy to get a grasp of the language? “Naveen was very helpful. There were lines that I really couldn’t say in Tamil, he helped me say them in such a way that it matched the lip-sync of the dialogues,” she says.