BOMBAY TIMES (November 11, 2019)

After backing films like Munna Michael (2007), Table No. 21 (2013) R…Rajkumar (2013) and Phobia (2016), producer Viki Rajani has signed writer-director Manish Gupta to direct two suspense films based on true events. Manish, who had recently written the story, screenplay and dialogues of Section 375, said, “Viki is a dynamic and visionary producer who has an interesting slate of high content films lined up. Both my films with Viki will create two franchises; one is a murder mystery franchise, while the other is a legal drama franchise.”

Viki added, “I was impressed with Manish’s work in Section 375. I recalled that he had previously written the story, screenplay and dialogues for the Amitabh-Bachchan-starrer Sarkar (2005). When I saw Rahasya that was based on the Aarushi Talwar murder case, which was directed by Manish, I realised that he is has a good hold over the suspense genre. So, I decided to back his vision. I’ve just launched my banner Faith Films P L, through which I’m tying up with various studios and distribution houses. Manish’s films will hit the floors in a couple of months.”