Samir Soni and Shilpa Shetty Kundra
Chaya Unnikrishnan (DNA; September 24, 2019)

Shilpa Shetty Kundra is making a comeback in films and will be seen on-screen after 13 years with Nikamma — her last outing was Apne (2007). Now, we have learnt that Samir Soni has been roped in opposite her in the project. The Student of The Year 2 actor will play Shilpa’s husband in the Sabir Khan directorial.

“I’ve met Shilpa on several occasions, including Ganpati at her place. She is the sweetest person I know. When I was in Bigg Boss 4, she rooted for me. She’s a good friend of Neelam (his wife) and both of us are fond of her. She is returning to films after 13 years and I have an important role in the project. I can’t divulge much, but I’m happy it is not a run-of-the-mill part,” says Samir.

The actor is currently shooting for Mumbai Saga, in which he plays a gangster and will begin Nikamma in the first week of October. “I look forward to working with Shilpa. She’s such a lively, bubbly person, it will be fun,” he says. Samir will also be seen in a cameo in Abhishek Bachchan-starrer, The Big Bull.