Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; September 24, 2019)

Model-turned-actress Bruna Abdullah opted for a water birth to welcome her baby daughter, Isabella, on August 31.

She shared her experience through a social media post, in which she said that she chose this method as it can be carried out without the use of any medicines. She wrote, “Even before I was pregnant, I knew I would have a water birth! I wanted the birth of my baby to be as gentle as possible and without any drugs. I had my baby in a warm water pool, my husband (Allan Fraser), my mother, my doctor and my doula were there with me (sic).” During her pregnancy, Bruna followed a strict diet and workout regime, which helped her to stay fit. She also meditated regularly to be prepared for the big day. Bruna, who has been seen in films like I Hate Luv Storys, Grand Masti and Desi Boyz, further shared, “I wanted to deliver my baby on a Saturday, I wanted the labour to be no longer than 4 hours, I wanted to deliver my baby in the pool, and I wanted to do it drug free! I got all of that! I also asked for it to be pain free, but that wasn’t really what happened!! Saying that, I feel like a super hero, kind of invincible, now I feel like I can do anything .. it was important to me to be fully in control, awake, for the arrival of my baby. I wanted nature to do its job! (sic).”

Calling the experience magical, she further wrote, “I had to idea I was so strong, I felt everything with so much intensity, her descent, the contractions.. that as soon as it was over, the only thing I could feel was love and pure happiness! The pain vanished, I recovered in minutes, and I was able to enjoy her from the very first minute! She was awake and alert! Calm and beautiful! She is my everything, thank you @alfromscotland for giving me the best gift one could ever ask for (sic).”