I don't put my hands on anyone's shoulder to stand tall-Vidya Balan
9:49 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; October 27, 2016)
While actresses are often
compared to their female counterparts, Vidya Balan finds herself pitted
against the Khans. Given her penchant for doing quality cinema, many
even believe that she has a lot in com mon with Aamir Khan. When asked
about her thoughts on the comparison and the 'female Aamir Khan' tag at
the trailer launch of her upcoming film, Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh,
the actress was all praises for Mr Perfectionist.
She clarified, “Jis din meri films bhi unki filmon ke tarah business karegi (laughs), phir main manungi that I am female Aamir. It's a huge compliment when someone says that. But in my opinion, it's far from true. He has been working for many years now, and knows a lot about filmmaking and marketing. In fact, he is almost a marketing guru. I have never worked with him, but I have a long way to go.“
Her quote prompted one to ask why she hasn't teamed up with the Khans yet. She explained, “Firstly, I didn't have the opportunity and I don't put my hands on anyone's shoulder to stand tall. Not that anyone else is doing it. Please don't mistake me, but I like to stand on my own feet. I feel very proud about that.“
She clarified, “Jis din meri films bhi unki filmon ke tarah business karegi (laughs), phir main manungi that I am female Aamir. It's a huge compliment when someone says that. But in my opinion, it's far from true. He has been working for many years now, and knows a lot about filmmaking and marketing. In fact, he is almost a marketing guru. I have never worked with him, but I have a long way to go.“
Her quote prompted one to ask why she hasn't teamed up with the Khans yet. She explained, “Firstly, I didn't have the opportunity and I don't put my hands on anyone's shoulder to stand tall. Not that anyone else is doing it. Please don't mistake me, but I like to stand on my own feet. I feel very proud about that.“
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Aamir Khan,
Interviews,
Kahaani 2,
Vidya Balan,
Vidya Balan interview
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment