I watched this Gujju guy Devarshi on Roadies to prep for Welcome To Karachi-Jackky Bhagnani
7:54 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Jackky Bhagnani gets into his Gujarati character of Kedar Patel from Welcome To Karachi and answers some fun questions!
Sneha Mahadevan (DNA; April 15, 2015)
One thing that stood out in the promo of Jackky
Bhagnani’s next — Welcome To Karachi trailer is his Gujarati accent. The
trailer is full of funny one-liners. It’s a story of a Gujarati boy who
dreams of going to America, but ends up in Karachi! We spoke to Jackky
about his Gujarati acccent and other things related to NaMo’s state.
Read on.....
How did you get the perfect Gujju accent?
I stepped into this role 48 hours before the film went on the floors as Irrfan Khan could not do the film. In the two days I had, I watched this Gujju guy, Devarshi on Roadies. I kept seeing the episodes continuously, observing his mannerisms and his accent. That’s where I picked it up from.
Your favourite Gujju dish?
Dhokla, without an iota of doubt.
Best Gujju friend?
Zayed Khan’s wife, Malaika who is a Gujarati and is my rakhi sister.
A pick-up line in Gujarati.
Su che, saru che, danda leke maaru che.
Fav Falguni Pathak song?
It was really long ago but it would have to be — Indhana Mirwa Gayi Thi Mori Saiyaan.
Choose one — dandiya or garba?
Garba, because I am straight.
Worst thing about Gujjus.
Nothing except their dhoklas and fafdas can sometimes cause digestion issues.
One stereotype about them that is untrue.
That they break into garba or dandiya whenever they listen to any kind of music.
And one that is true.
They say Jai Shree Krishna without fail.
If you had to dance to a Gujarati item number, which one would you pick?
We have a dance number in our film called Kuk du ko boat ma. Either that or Salman Khan’s number from Jai Ho – Tu Nathi Toh.
Fav Gujju word.
Gadheda (ass).
If you were stuck in a lift with Narendra Modi, Mahatma Gandhi and Paresh Rawal, what would you tell the three of them?
To Gandhi – Eh Bapu, inko samjhao na — Ban, Ban karke band bajaa di hai!
To Paresh Rawal — OMG – Oh My Gaathiya!
To Modi — Modiji, Mujhe bhi aisaa mera naam wala suit chahiye.
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Devarshi,
Falguni Pathak,
Interviews,
Irrfan Khan,
Jackky Bhagnani,
Jackky Bhagnani interview,
Mahatma Gandhi,
Narendra Modi,
Paresh Rawal,
Welcome To Karachi
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment