Shraddha Kapoor and I are attempting 8-9 kinds of dance forms in ABCD 2-Varun Dhawan
7:53 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Subhash K Jha (DNA; March 16, 2015)
For choreographer-director Remo D’Souza’s next film ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2, Varun Dhawan is busy learning some extremely difficult dance,
steps, the kind that has never been seen in any Hindi film before.
ExultsVarun, “Shraddha Kapoor and I are attempting eight-nine kinds of
dance forms in ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2 that have never been attempted before in our films.
We’re having a ball trying out new steps that we never thought were
humanly possible.”
After the intense suffering of his character in Badlapur the dancing in ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2 is therapeutic for Varun. “After Badlapur, ABCD2 is like going to a rehab centre. I feel completely unwound. Badlapur was emotionally and physically exhausting. But I enjoyed doing it as much as I’m enjoying the unique dance forms in this film.”
Interestingly, Varun plays a real-life character again in ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2. “I play this amazing dancer named Suresh. He is on the sets every day with us. Badlapur was also based on a real-life character and situation. There are many kinds of reality, and I’d like explore as many of them as possible through my performances,” he says.
Besides ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2 Varun has signed only one other film. “I am doing my brother Rohit’s film Dishoom with John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez.” He is reading other scripts too. “I haven’t said yes to anything else yet. As an actor I need to change tracks again, like Badlapur allowed me to do after three lighthearted films. And now ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2 gives me a chance to try another kind of reality.” Varun will do a Dharma Production again next year. “Dharma, Karan Johar and Student Of The Year are where it all started for me,” he says emotionally. So it’s back to school for Varun? “No, going back to Dharma is like coming home for me,” he concludes.
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
ABCD - Any Body Can Dance - 2,
Badlapur,
Dharma Productions,
Dishoom,
Interviews,
Karan Johar,
Shraddha Kapoor,
Varun Dhawan,
Varun Dhawan interview
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment