Roshmilla Bhattacharya (MUMBAI MIRROR; February 2, 2015)

Randeep Hooda may have lost the Black Lady to Shahid Kapoor but he made up with two golds and one silver at the National Dressage Competition held at Mumbai's Mahalaxmi Race Course. “Ladies are fickle but my horses never let me down,“ laughed Randeep.

He had been nominated in the best actor category for his performance in Rang Rasiya. He admits, that deep down, he knew he might not stand a chance but was glad to be nominated for this film rather than Highway. “Rang Rasiya was a film dear to me and it deserved far more eyeballs than it got. The nomination gave it some recall value. For me it was my first year at the awards as a best actor nominee and I thought all of us who were there were winners,“ he asserts.

Point out that his Highway co-star bagged the best actress (critics) trophy and he smiles, “Alia's a sweetheart and she'd be one if she didn't win. Her speech got me teary-eyed. I'm so happy for her.“

He's equally happy for his parents who are always thrilled to see him at an award function and receive calls lauding his performance. “They have clicked more pictures than me with the few trophies that I have won,“ he chuckles. “Awards are my ticket to stardom in front of my parents,“ he concludes.