Hasti Doshi (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 6, 2026)

After six years away from daily television, Eijaz Khan is back on the small screen with Dilon Ki Ram Leela. While he has portrayed everything from romantic leads to complex characters across television, films and OTT, the actor says his latest role has pushed him into unfamiliar territory.

For the first time in his career, Eijaz is playing a father and he says it among his most challenging roles. “I never imagined playing a father could be this difficult,” Eijaz admits.

For him, the real challenge lies in understanding the emotional world of a father. Raised by his father in a single-parent household, he says his own upbringing was anything but conventional.

“My father was a complete non-conformist. He was more like a friend than an authority figure. We grew up in a single-parent household with just him. But in this show, I have to play the head of the family — not just a father to my daughter, but someone whose every interaction is shaped by that responsibility.”

That perspective, he says, influences every relationship his character shares on screen. “Even if I’m talking to my sister, I’m approaching the scene as the father of this child first. That changes the way I react, the way I speak and the way I carry myself.” The actor admits he is still discovering the nuances of the character and often seeks feedback from the show’s creative team.

“I’m still trying to find my feet. I constantly ask my producer and director for guidance. Experience definitely helps, so even if I make mistakes, they won’t be completely off the mark. But I’m still learning.”