The films I’ve done haven’t fully reflected my potential as an actor-Daisy Shah
4:05 PM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Neha Maheshwri (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 7, 2026)
Daisy Shah’s stint on OTT reality show Alliance may have ended, but the experience has been an eye-opener. She has learnt that being genuine can sometimes work against you in a competitive environment.
She says, “Unfortunately, honesty, especially on reality shows, is likely to be perceived as a weakness. It’s okay to be nice, but sometimes it can backfire. The more strategically you play the game, the more quickly people seem to trust you. That’s something I have learnt. If I had made a few more calculated moves, perhaps my footing in the game would have been stronger.”
Her loyalty to mentor Sohail Khan was a conscious choice, even when it could have affected her chances in the competition.
She says, “I value loyalty, ethics and diligence. I wouldn’t let a six-week stint and situations where you are under pressure alter my relationship dynamics with people I have known for the last 15 years. My relationships came above everything else, even while keeping the game in mind.”
Having previously participated in Khatron Ke Khiladi, she found being completely cut off from the outside world a very different experience.
She shares, “This was my first captive reality show, where you are completely cut off from the outside world. You don’t know what’s happening outside or how you are being perceived. You don’t know whether your perspective is being taken positively or not. So, it was definitely an experience. I personally feel I went through a digital detox in there. Honestly, none of us, especially those who had been inside since day one, missed social media.”
While Jai Ho was an important break in her career, Daisy believes her next significant turning point will come when the time is right.
She says, “I believe in divine timing. Everything that has happened to me till date has happened when it was supposed to. When it comes to a big commercial breakthrough, if it is meant to happen for me, it will happen in its own time. Dwelling on it instead of focusing on the present would only mean that I am not doing what I should be. At the same time, am I aggressive when it comes to putting myself out there, creating stories and making the PR game very strong in order to get opportunities? No. I am not trying to create any false narrative here. My job is to constantly work on myself and my craft.”
She also feels her filmography has not fully reflected her potential as an actor. She says, “I am being patient about it. I am being extremely meticulous about the projects coming my way and taking on the opportunities I feel have the potential to showcase what I am capable of. There are also a lot of things that happen behind the scenes, and I don’t subscribe to that game plan.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment